Suffering from Bleeding Gums? Are they Swollen and Irritated?
What Causes Gums to Bleed?
- Using a hard bristle toothbrush
- Vigorous Brushing or flossing
- Taking medications like aspirin or blood thinners
- Ill Fitting Dentures
- Inadequate oral hygiene habits, resulting in plaque and calculus deposition
- Periodontitis (gum disease)
Bleeding Gums are often signs of systemic health problem- Periodontal Disease
Gum Disease is Serious
How to prevent bleeding gums and keep gums healthy?
Your mouth is the window to your body and health.
What to do if my Gums are Bleeding?
- Your gums bleed every time you brush or floss your teeth
- Your gums are bleeding for no apparent reason
- You gums are red, swollen, and irritated
- The bleeding does not stop
- Your gums feel tender and painful
- Need help for bleeding gums? Schedule an appointment at our Chandigarh office .
Treatment for Bleeding Gums
More Questions? We can Help You
- Hold an ice pack against your gums
- Use a warm salt water rinse — 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 8 oz. of lukewarm water
- Hold a wet tea bag against your gums (limit to no more than 5 min)