Root Canal Treatment (RCT) Repair and Rebuild what was Lost!
Inspired by our commitment to the latest, most effective Root Canal treatments, we’re pleased to provide both surgical and non-surgical Root Canal treatments in Chandigarh.From prevention and diagnosis to repairing and rejuvenating your oral health — we’re with you at every step. We Welcome you to ADC - Center for Restorative and Implant Dentistry, where we provide comprehensive dental care, including root canal treatment (RCT). Contact us Today if you encounter any of the following:
Signs and symptoms:
- Persistent toothache
- Sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Swelling around the affected tooth or gum area
- Presence of an abscess or pus
- Discolouration of the tooth
What is Root Canal Treatment (RCT)?
Root Canal Treatment or RCT or Root Canal Therapy or Endodontic therapy is a procedure for treating bacterial infection and inflammation inside a tooth. The tissues within the pulp chamber of the tooth and canals get infected by bacteria when the tooth decay is usually not treated in a timely manner. The main objective of the Root Canal Treatment is to remove all the infected and diseased tissues lying within the pulp chamber of the tooth and Root Canals.
The Endodontist primarily will administer a small dose of local anaesthesia. Then through the biting surface of the tooth , the Endodontist makes a small access hole (Under Microscope) to remove the infected and diseased tissues. Next, the root canals will be thoroughly cleaned and repeatedly flushed with Anti-bacterial liquids. Rubber like Bio-Compatible material, Gutta-percha mixed with adhesive cement is then condensed into clean, bacteria free Root Canals. Presence of Surgical Microscope, Dental Lasers and experienced endodontist makes a perfect recipe to resolve the root canal problem at ADC- Centre for Restorative and Implant Dentistry.
- Procedure Duration : 30-45 Minutes per Appointment. Certain cases may take upto 3-5 procedure visits.
- Anaesthesia: On Most occasions local anaesthetic is required but conscious sedation and general anaesthesia options are available.
- Post operative Check-up: Required Annually.
- Shelf Life: After a successful Root Canal Treatment, a tooth may last a life time.
- Healing Time: Usually 1-3 days with mild pain relief medications and Antibiotics.
- Possible Risks: May include repeat infection or complete failure of Root Canal Therapy.
Micro-Dentistry for RCT
Microscope has become an essential part of practice at ADC- Centre for Restorative and Implant Dentistry with ability of multiple zooming (Upto 22 times the size). With help of micro dentistry “We see more and cure better”.
Laser Assisted Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
ADC- Centre for Restorative and Implant Dentistry is proud to be one of the few Laser Dentistry equipped dental office in Chandigarh. LASER has a revolutionary, High-tech, minimally-invasive aiding effects in Root Canal Treatment as well as in new regeneration of tissue around the teeth lost due to periodontal disease.
Laser-Assisted Root Canal Treatment (RCT) is an innovative technique that combines traditional endodontic therapy with the use of laser energy. It offers less discomfort, enhanced precision, improved disinfection and faster healing over conventional methods.
Benefits of Laser Assisted Root Canal Treatment (RCT):
- Precise and Minimally Invasive: Allows for highly precise and targeted treatment, minimising damage to surrounding healthy tissue.
- Enhanced Disinfection: The laser's energy effectively kills bacteria and sterilizes the root canals, reducing the risk of reinfection.
- Reduced Discomfort: Associated with less discomfort, is minimally invasive and causes less trauma to the surrounding tissues.
- Faster Healing: Laser energy stimulates cellular regeneration and accelerates the healing process and reduced post-operative symptoms.
- Preservation of Natural Teeth: By laser-assisted RCT avoids the need for tooth extraction and the subsequent requirement for tooth replacement options.