You have Lost a Tooth!
Perhaps the gum disease loosened the tooth and weakened the foundation or the decay moved too deep into the roots, or maybe you had a tooth loss while playing Cricket!
Whatever the cause, a lost tooth is not the end for your smile or your ability to chew, speak, and live happily and confidently. Dental implants from ADC™- Centre for Restorative and Implant Dentistry restores your health and breathes new life into your smile.
What are Dental Implants?
If keeping your natural tooth is no longer an option, a dental implant is the next best thing. A Dental implant is a root simulating structure placed in the jaw bone to support the missing tooth. We offer both titanium and ceramic (zirconium) implants — two of the most biocompatible materials on the market long-lasting results, and sedation dentistry options to ensure your comfort.In most cases, we can perform your implant treatment in just one comfortable visit.
- Procedure Duration : 20-120 Minutes depending on the number of teeth implants planned. Crown(s)on implants require separate appointments (minimum 3).
- Anaesthesia: On Most occasions local anaesthetic is required but conscious sedation and general anaesthesia options are available.
- Post operative Check-up: Several postoperative checkups are required making it a multi visit procedure.
- Shelf Life: Results can be long lasting with proper care and follow up.
- Healing Time: Usually takes 24 hours to 3 days for healing requiring minor NSAID’S (non - steroidal anti-inflammatory, analgesic medication) and antibiotics.
- Possible Risks: Dental Implant problems may include infection or a possible failure. Please discuss with your dentist all the possible risks and alternatives. A well informed decision is strongly advocated.
Dental implants from ADC™- Center for Restorative and Implant Dentistry
- Rejuvenated eating and speaking
Patients very happily put back on the menu the foods that were difficult to eat earlier with Dentures or missing teeth. Functionality is greatly restored with the help of dental implants. Phonetics and speaking becomes much easier.
- Neighbouring teeth un-touched
Unlike other dental treatment alternatives, dental implants do not use neighbouring teeth for support. This aspect is conservative and therefore can improve the overall health of an individual and help him/her in long shelf life of Teeth.
- Comfortable fit
Since the dental implant fuses with the jaw bone and get fixed, it makes the restorations more stable and comfortable. The bio compatibility of the materials makes the restorations readily accepted by the human body.
- A new tooth from day one
Your dentist can provide you with the crown at the time of dental implant placement giving you immediate functionality. However, this immediate function is individual and situation specific.
- Long lasting results
Dental implants are the mostly reliable and easy to maintain with proper oral hygiene and care.
Caring for your Implants
The rumours are true- Implants cannot get Cavities. But you still need to do your part to keep the bone and the gums around them healthy and strong.
It is Simple:
- Brush and Floss Daily
- Keep an eye on any changes in your dental health.
- Visit your dentist for recommended check-ups and cleanings. When properly cared for, your implant is designed to last decades or even a lifetime.
Failed Implants? We can Help!
If a previous implant is feeling loose, infected, bleeding, or showing other symptoms of peri-implantitis, let us help. We specialise in stabilising and fixing failed implants to restore the health and function of your smile.